Owning a dog is one of the great pleasures of life. Dogs are loyal and loving companions and having one in your home can bring a smile to your face even in the darkest of times.
What happens, though, if your dog has behavioral issues that you can’t resolve on your own? It’s something that happens all the time. There are a lot of products available that claim to have the answers.
One such product is the Secrets to Dog Training. In this review, we’ll explain what the product is, what you’ll get if you order it, and how well it works. At the end, we’ll give you a list of pros and cons as we see them and a final recommendation about whether this product is worth buying.
Table of Contents
What is Secrets to Dog Training?
Secrets to Dog Training is an informational product created by a professional dog trainer. The primary product is a book, and there are several bonus items that come with it. We’ll talk about those later.
The goal of the Secrets to Dog Training is to help dog owners:
- Understand their dogs’ behavior, including why they behave as they do and what they’re trying to accomplish with their behavior.
- Care for their dogs’ well-being, including tips on how to feed and exercise a dog for optimal health.
- Train their dogs so the dog knows who the boss is and feels happy and secure in their homes.
The system revolves around establishing yourself as the alpha of your dog’s “pack.” It’s a simple method that can help your dog learn to behave in just a short amount of time each day.
Who Created Secrets to Dog Training?
Secrets to Dog Training is the brain child of a professional dog trainer named Dan Stevens. He came up with the idea for the product when he had difficulty training one of his own dogs, Barrett.
Dan tried everything he could to get Barrett to behave but nothing was working. Instead of giving up, he decided to dive into research and learn everything he could about how to train him. As he learned about dog behavior, he unlocked the secrets to helping Barrett be the well-behaved and contended dog he wanted.
Once Barrett’s behavioral problems were solved, Dan created Secrets to Dog Training to help other frustrated dog owners train their dogs.
Who is Secrets to Dog Training Designed to Help?
Secrets to Dog Training is a product that’s designed for every dog owner. Whether you have a “problem” dog like Barrett or are simply considering adopting a new puppy, you can learn a lot about dog behavior and training from Secrets to Dog Training.
If you have a dog that won’t come when you call him or chews your furniture despite repeated applications of bitter apple spray, then the Secrets to Dog Training may be the solution to your problem. The simple methods outlined in the book are designed to help even the most disobedient dog unlock the happy, “good boy” inside.
What Do You Get When You Order Secrets to Dog Training?
As we stated above, Secrets to Dog Training is an informational product. The main product is a 250-page book that includes all of the information Dan Stevens learned as he did research to help Barrett.
As is the case with many products sold online, Secrets to Dog Training comes with several bonus items. Here they are:
- An audio version of the main Secrets to Dog Training book. The audio book can be downloaded onto a phone or tablet, so you can listen in your car or while cooking dinner. It has all the same information that’s in the main book in audio format.
- Secrets to Dog Training video series. In the video series, you’ll have the chance to see the techniques and commands included in the main book in action. Each command is clearly demonstrated to make it easy for you and your dog to follow along.
- Secrets to Becoming the Alpha Dog eBook. This short book digs into dog psychology and explains the way that dogs think. You can use the information to become the leader of your dog’s “pack” and ensure that he’ll always obey you.
- Unlimited professional online consultations. The last bonus items is access to Secrets to Dog Training online consultations. If you have a question or problem with your dog, you can log in and get personal advice from Dan Stevens or one of his team members, all of whom are experienced dog trainers.
Your order will give you instant access to the main book and all bonus items, since they are all available electronically.
Does Secrets to Dog Training Work?
One of the most promising things about Secrets to Dog Training is that the course was created by a professional dog trainer. It’s reasonable to expect that someone who works with dogs every day would be able to create an effective course for dog owners. But, of course, we don’t want to stop there. What do other experts have to say about alpha dog training?
Perhaps the most famous dog trainer in the world is Cesar Millan, star of the hit show Dog Whisperer. Cesar uses a variety of techniques to train dogs, but he is an advocate of helping humans learn to speak dog language – something that’s also known as alpha training.
On his website, Cesar advocates many methods similar to those covered in Secrets to Dog Training. He believes that some dogs must view their owner as the alpha dog to be taught to obey. He talks about how to establish yourself as the pack leader by setting clear boundaries and projecting calm, assertive energy.
There are many ways to approach dog training. We’d be remiss in this review if we didn’t mention that there is some research that doesn’t support the idea that every dog needs to follow an alpha to be happy. This article in Psychology Today talks about the fact that wild dog packs sometimes change leaders on a rotating basis, although it is true that the older and more experienced dogs tend to be the ones in charge.
However, the techniques in Secrets to Dog Training are not the aggressive alpha dog training techniques you may have read about. The course is designed to be fun and rewarding for dogs and humans. That aligns with what we found in this study, that dogs who are rewarded for good behavior tend to be happier and better behaved than dogs who are trained using disciplinary techniques.
The takeaway here is that there’s evidence to suggest that if you can teach your dog to follow you as a leader without resorting to punishment, your dog will be well-behaved as a result. Since that’s what Secrets to Dog Training helps dog owners to do, there’s good reason to be optimistic that this plan can help you train your dog.
Pros and Cons of Secrets to Dog Training
Every product has its pros and cons. In this section, we’ll examine the pros and cons of Secrets to Dog Training, starting with the pros:
- Secrets to Dog Training was created by an experienced, professional dog trainer who used the techniques in the course to train his own dog.
- The techniques in the course have been used by respected dog trainers including the famous Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan.
- After your order, you can get immediate access to the course and bonus materials, so you can start training your dog right away.
- Secrets to Dog Training is far less expensive than paying for one-on-one dog training with an expert.
There are a few potential downsides to consider as well. For example:
- Some trainers prefer a “rewards only” system of training that focuses on rewarding good behavior.
- This product is only available online and is not available in stores – if you prefer a physical copy of a book, the only way to get one here is to print it out yourself.
Overall, we believe that the pros outweigh the cons.
How Much Does Secrets to Dog Training Cost?
By now, you’re probably wondering how much you’ll need to pay to get your copy of Secrets to Dog Training. Here’s what you need to know.
The price includes all of the following items:
- The main Secrets to Dog Training book
- The audio version of the course
- The video course with demonstrations of commands
- Secrets to Becoming the Alpha Dog book
- Unlimited online consultations
The total cost of the course is $39.95. Since this is an electronic product, there are no shipping and handling charges.
It’s also worth noting that Secrets to Dog Training comes with a 60-day, money-back guarantee. If you try the course and you’re not completely satisfied, you can simply email the company for a full refund.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that Secrets to Dog Training is a product that’s worth trying, especially for people who have a headstrong dog on their hands or plan to adopt a breed that’s notoriously difficult to train. The course includes common-sense recommendations and easy-to-follow instructions.
To get your copy of Secrets to Dog Training today, please click here now.