Does the sight of vulnerable and neglected large dogs break your heart? If you want to make an impact on animal welfare, volunteering with a local rescue organization is an excellent way to do so. Additionally, there are many ways you can help homeless or abused large dogs in your spare time. There are resources available that offer actionable advice and strategies to improve animal welfare globally — here are a few below, presented by All Big Dog Breeds.
Beyond Businesses and Nonprofits: Help in Small Ways
You can start helping animals in your neighborhood today with these basic tips!
- Learn about what to do if you find a stray in your area.
- Find out when it’s appropriate to call animal control, and when you should contact wildlife removal instead.
- Learn how to put together donations for local shelters.
Keep in mind that finding a stray dog in your area can be a scary situation. It's important to stay calm, assess the situation and act with care. If possible, try to determine its breed and size, as this will help you make good decisions about what to do next. If the dog is friendly and approachable, you may be able to handle it yourself by providing food, water, and temporary shelter until you can find its family or an animal rescue organization. If the dog is injured or appears dangerous, don't attempt to touch it – instead, call a professional such as your local animal control agency for assistance. Taking the right steps can help ensure everyone involved – including yourself – remains safe while finding a good home for the stray dog.
Connect with Local Organizations and Businesses
There’s nothing better than working side by side with people who share the same passion for animals through organizations and businesses. Here’s a few things you can do:
- Volunteer to walk dogs from the local shelter in a walkable area nearby.
- There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer or donate to the local humane society.
- Consider applying for a job at one of these organizations or businesses.
Handing out business cards is a great way to start building relationships with organizations and businesses that can help neglected dogs. A good-looking business card can make it easier for you to make a positive impression and help open doors. Using a generator that produces free business cards can be a cost-effective way to create an eye-catching custom design that reflects your dedication, mission, and contact details. What’s more, you can create these cards in no time. Not only will this provide a professional appearance, but also make it more likely that people will contact you when they need assistance in helping neglected dogs.
Start Your Own Nonprofit
What if you want to make big changes in regards to animal welfare in your city? It might be time to start your own nonprofit!
- Get inspired to speak up for animals — all the work of running a nonprofit will feel easier if you’re deeply motivated.
- Find online resources to help you start your nonprofit online.
- Implement a few of these strategies to raise money for your nonprofit!
- As your organization grows, you can consider bringing your first employees on board.
It’s important to remember that starting a nonprofit organization is an honorable goal, but one that requires hard work and dedication to be successful. Before jumping into this task, it's important to consider the time, effort and resources needed to get things off the ground and keep them running. These are just some of the steps that go into starting and maintaining a nonprofit organization – careful planning and dedication are essential for success.
If you want to help animals in need, you can get started today. All it takes is getting in touch with local organizations and businesses (don’t forget your business cards for this) and looking for small ways to assist animals in need. With these tips, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a real difference.